Message Title: Going All In
Message Text: And Jesus sat down opposite the treasury and began watching how the people were putting money into the treasury; and many rich people were putting in large amounts. 42 And a poor widow came and put in two lepta coins, which amount to a quadrans. 43 Calling His disciples to Him, He said to them, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her poverty, put in all she owned, all she had to live on.” Mark 12:41-44
Message Truth: Until God is your source you will never have rest. Our financial life is always determined more by the desires of your heart than by the size of your income.
1.She Captured the Attention Of Our Lord
- She Was an Example Christian Maturity
- Faith -“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5–6)
- Hope –But this woman also lived by hope. In the Bible, hope is the confident expectation of future good.
- Love – you can give without loving but you cannot love without giving.
- She Demonstrated Christlikeness
Five Big Lies About Money
Lie: For me to live with money somebody must lose
Truth: God is not limited to our finite resources (capacity vs Scarcity)
Lie: More money will make me happier
Truth: You already have what you need to be happier.
Lie: 10% belongs to God
Truth: 100% belongs to God.
Lie: If I give more money, God will give me all the money I “expect”
Truth: God gives His gifts according to His wisdom.
Lie: To get out of debt I just need to make more money.
Truth: Money problems are about the heart. When the heart adjusts to God’s money principles, things change.