Principle #1- God is always at work around you.
Principle #2 – God Pursues a love relationship that is real and personal.
Message Title: God has Intimates not Favorites
Message Truth: You will never experience God until you obey God, you will never obey God until you believe God, you will never believe God until you know and love God.
Message Text: Genesis 15:1
- Moses “Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.” Exodus 33:15
7 And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.” 18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” 19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.” Exodus 33:18-23
2. David – 4 But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.” 1 Samuel 13:14
“You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.” Psalm 63:1-3
3. Abraham – After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward” Genesis 15:1
Thus Abraham was accorded the high honor of being called a “friend of God.” James 2:23
Are you satisfied with knowing and loving God at the level you are now?
A friendship is a reciprocal relationship between two people who share a bond of mutual affection. Friends can be described as those who:
– know and understand each other
– like each other
– have shared interests
– want to spend time together
– help and protect each other
–Commitment is involved
– learn to listen what the other person is saying
Three Intimates: Moses, David, Abraham –
God was taking the initiative to them
Time of fellowship
These were not perfect men but were committed
What’s better than an intimate relationship with God over mere religion (activities)
God does not build relationship with those who are
1.Who are worried what others think
2.Who compromise with sin
- War language in Ephesians 6 is the only analogy that gets across the seriousness of the Christian life.
- Many agree with God but do not obey God. Demons agree with God but don’t have enough faith or respect to obey.
You can go to church sing songs, read the Bible and agree with God but not obey.
- To put on the armor is a symbol of all the benefits and privileges of the Gospel – Putting on the armor is submitting to Gods will and not our own.
- To see who you are in Christ and cash in on it- change your disposition.
- Luke 8 Jesus is in the boat – where is your faith? Get your faith out and use it – Romans 6 you have benefits in Christ – you are not bound by sin – stop
Put on the truth of the armor of God – before the battle not in the battle.